MANILA, Philippines – Unbeaten American boxer Timothy Bradley Jr. will gun for a more decisive victory against Filipino ring icon Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao should their rematch push through later this year.
Bradley defeated Pacquiao via a highly controversial split decision last Saturday in Las Vegas, winning the World Boxing Organization welterweight crown in the process.
In an interview with RingTV, Bradley insisted he won the fight “fair and square” but said he will also have to settle some issues in the rematch.
“I’ve seen the tape. I won the fight, without a doubt,” he said.
“The judges got it right. They definitely got it right. We’re going to have the rematch, and we can settle it then,” Bradley added.
In a separate interview with Boxing Scene, he said that he “definitely” wants to fight Pacquiao again.
“I heard all the boos at the end of the fight, which is okay because we need to do this again. Let’s make this more decisive,” he said.
Bradley said he injured his left ankle after the second round, and his right ankle at some point during the middle rounds, which affected his mobility.
“It was painful, but I had to fight through all of that. Just wait until the rematch in November, when I have both of my ankles and both of my legs,” Bradley said. [http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/173287-bradley-i-honestly-feel-that-i-won-the-fight]
There is a rematch clause in the fight contract in case Bradley pulled off the upset, and the unbeaten boxer printed out promotional materials even before the first fight.
Following his victory, he confirmed that he will give Pacquiao a rematch.
“Absolutely, I gotta give Manny a rematch. I definitely have to give him a shot, to let him earn his title back from me. This is boxing, and we gotta do it again,” Bradley said.
But a rematch between Pacquiao and Bradley is not set in stone, especially after Top Rank chief executive Bob Arum filed a formal request with the Attorney General of Nevada to investigate the bout.
Two judges gave Bradley the win 115-113, while one scored it for Pacquiao, 115-113.
Most of the boxing media at ringside had Pacquiao winning the bout handily.
- Pacquiao-Bradley rematch looms in November (sports.inquirer.net)
- Bradley open to rematch (sports.inquirer.net)
- Pacquiao-Bradley rematch? Not so fast – Hamilton Spectator (thespec.com)
- Pacquiao vs. Bradley Fight Results: Who Won (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Bradley takes Pacquiao’s title in controversial decision (nbcsports.msnbc.com)
- Bradley Upsets Pacquiao (foxnews.com)
- Stunned Pacquiao Plotting Revenge (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Pacquiao vs. Bradley: Manny Loses Judges’ Decision, 7-Year Streak Snapped (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Pacquiao loses to Bradley by decision (msn.foxsports.com)
- Timothy Bradley upsets Manny Pacquiao (newsday.com)
- TNA Slammiversary X Rundown (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- ‘Pacman’ Loss Leaves Philippines Fans Stunned (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- TNA Slammiversary Results 2012 (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Vince McMahon angle flops in an otherwise entertaining episode of WWE Raw (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- News on ‘one legged wrestler’ crack on Raw, Paul Heyman and Ziggler v. Sheamus (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Legendary Cuban boxer Teofilo Stevenson dies (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- WWE Raw Results June 11th 2012 (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Is Sin Cara Capable of Having a Feud? (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Judge from Bradley – Pacquiao fight speaks out (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Tna Slammiversary X Predictions (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)