The uproar continued Monday among many boxing fans who are unhappy with the decision in Saturday night’s Manny Pacquiao-Timothy Bradley fight in Las Vegas.
Many watching the fight thought Pacquiao won easily, landing more blows and controlling the action throughout. However, two of the judges disagreed and Bradley won a split decision.
Fight fans are calling for an investigation of the bout and the judging, but it doesn’t appear that such as probe will be forthcoming.
Keith Kizer, the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, said he anticipates no discipline or review of the judges.
“I had Manny ahead, but that’s fine,” Kizer told The Times. “All I can say is I think every judge should strive to get better. Every fighter who loses a close fight like that wants to look at the judges.”
Judges C.J. Ross and Duane Ford gave Bradley an edge of seven rounds to five, 115-113, while Jerry Roth scored the bout 115-113 for Pacquiao.
The decision was met with derision from many of the 14,000-plus people in attendance at the MGM Grand Garden Arena, especially after statistics showed Pacquiao connected on 253 punches to Bradley’s 159.
“Those scorecards were ridiculous,” fight promoter Bob Arum said. “Everyone near me said it’s a fun fight, Bradley’s really trying, but it’s one-sided. If we had three experienced judges doing this fight instead, all we’d be talking about is how courageous Bradley was.”
Many reporters at ringside unofficially scored the bout in the 9-3 or 11-1 range for Pacquiao.
So, do you think the fight should be investigated, or is it just one of those things that happen in boxing? Vote now, then leave a comment letting us know why you voted the way you did.
- Timothy Bradley Scores Controversial Win over Manny Pacquiao (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Bradley: “I tried hard but I could not beat that guy” (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Manny Pacquiao Loses To Timothy Bradley in Controversial Split Decision (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Pacquiao vs. Bradley Results: Controversial Decision Will Haunt Boxing (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Pacquiao vs. Bradley Fight Results: Who Won (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Bill Goldberg Comments on Ryback Comparisons (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- 3 More Days Before JBL Leaves For Russia To Climb Mt Elbrus (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Tna Slammiversary X Predictions (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- WDW: Breaking News Jake Reed Fired From WDW (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- CEO Jesse Seedath explains why Jake Reed was fired (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Lack of creativity sinking Smackdown storylines (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- WWE not using Ryback properly? (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Manny Pacquiao Fight Was the Fix In? (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)