The subject (wrestling) is one that Heyman has not broached in some time—at least not before he made his surprise return a few weeks ago on Raw.
Yet Heyman has returned to his passionate roots, essentially imploring today’s crop of talent to “stand up” and ‘”get noticed” if they are to make any mark in the WWE.
Several of his fiery tweets hammer the point that in order to ascend the ladder of success in the WWE, one has to have a take-no-prisoners attitude, especially if he or she doesn’t fit the prescribed mold of a “WWE Superstar.”
History has shown that with all odds working against them, not so larger-than-life wrestlers have persevered, proving that norms are meant to be challenged.
I agree with @HeymanHustle diatribe and I would like to add one more piece of advice. To really make it in this business…. you have to be willing to take a chance. And if that pisses some people off than so be it! Stop being so nice. Nice doesn’t cut it.
While Jericho’s advice applies to every avenue of life, it is particularly true in any field of entertainment.
And wrestling is no different because it puts the burden on the performer to capture the attention of the audience and the powers that be.
The pressure to get noticed in the wrestling world is even more pronounced today because virtually everything from family-friendly to adult-themed material has made the airwaves.
Any wrestler in 2012, who is determined to break through the proverbial glass ceiling, must think outside of the box and dare to take a risk.
Of course, such a risk in itself is futile without the social intelligence to curry favor from the backstage brain trust that has the power to make or ruin a career.
- Heyman’s Twitter Diatribe in Its Entirety (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- The Justin Bieber-Mike Tyson Connection (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. To Jail: Boxer’s Sentence Set To Being At Las Vegas’ Clark County Detention Center (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Hatton predicts Pacquiao victory (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- TUF Live Finale: Martin Kampmann vs. Johny Hendricks Head to Toe Breakdown (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Frank Mir’s TRT Exemption: Is There a Low Testosterone Epidemic in MMA? (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- TUF Live Finale: Recapping the Fight Night Bonuses (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- TUF Live Finale: The Real Winners and Losers from Ellenberger vs. Kampmann (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Ultimate Fighter Finale Results: Grades for All Main Card Fighters (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- WDW Bloody Massacre 2012 Results (worlddominationwrestling.wordpress.com)
- Daron Cruickshank Outpoints Chris Tickle (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)