Earlier this week, the WWE announced on their website that former champion Randy Orton will be suspended for the next 60 days due to his second violation of the company’s wellness policy.
With the suspension of Orton along with the recent 60 day suspension of Rey Mysterio in April,
Here are the details from a report on SuperLuchas.net (via WrestlingInc.com) on what current superstar nearly failed a drug test of their own before avoiding a suspension earlier this year.
SuperLuchas.net reports Cody Rhodes recently tested positive on a drug test for a banned substance but was cleared after providing a valid prescription from a licensed and treating physician.
Before being cleared of his positive drug test for a banned substance, the former Intercontinental Champion took to his Twitter account to post a short, cryptic message to his fans in advance of the likely suspension at that time.
Cody Rhodes @CodyRhodesWWE
Time off.21 May 12
After avoiding a suspension of his own unlike Orton, the WWE should elevate Rhodes into a main event feud on Smackdown possibly with the World Heavyweight Champion, Sheamus, following his title defense against Alberto Del Rio at No Way Out on June 17.
Even though being a horrible situation for the WWE, this could be a good one for Rhodes as he can get his foot in the door of the main event and remain there if he can perform well in the coming weeks.
With the loss of Orton for the next two months, what superstar do you think the WWE should move up into the main event scene to help fill the hole left by the Viper in the wake of his suspension?
- WWE’s suspension of Chris Jericho over Brazilian flag incident (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. To Jail: Boxer’s Sentence Set To Being At Las Vegas’ Clark County Detention Center (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- The Justin Bieber-Mike Tyson Connection (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Hatton predicts Pacquiao victory (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- TUF Live Finale: Martin Kampmann vs. Johny Hendricks Head to Toe Breakdown (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Frank Mir’s TRT Exemption: Is There a Low Testosterone Epidemic in MMA? (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- TUF Live Finale: Recapping the Fight Night Bonuses (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- TUF Live Finale: The Real Winners and Losers from Ellenberger vs. Kampmann (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Daron Cruickshank Outpoints Chris Tickle (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- WDW Bloody Massacre 2012 Results (worlddominationwrestling.wordpress.com)
- Ultimate Fighter Finale Results: Grades for All Main Card Fighters (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)