The reality show’s champion was crowned, as lightweights Michael Chiesa and Al Iaquinta battled for a six-figure contract.
Let’s take a look at the biggest winners and losers from The Ultimate Fighter: Live finale in Las Vegas.
Another event at the Palms, another controversial gaffe by Kim Winslow.
The referee—a frequent lightning rod for debate—called off the opening fight between bantamweight Erik Perez and John Albert after Perez slapped on a late, first-round armbar.
Albert claimed he never tapped or submitted, and even Perez said he didn’t hear Albert concede, but Winslow claimed Albert verbally submitted and hence stopped the fight.
Winslow has been criticized in the past for similar errors in judgment inside the cage.
Team Faber’s Joe Proctor bowed out in the quarterfinals of the reality show, but rebounded quickly in his Octagon debut.
Against Team Cruz product Jeremy Larsen, Proctor connected with a knee flush to Larsen’s chin that sent him crashing to the mat. Proctor followed up with a barrage of hammerfists and referee Herb Dean stepped in to stop the bout.
Proctor, who trains with current UFC fighter Joe Lauzon in Boston, improved his record to 8-1 with the victory.
- Weigh-in Results for TUF Kampmann vs. Ellenberger (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. To Jail: Boxer’s Sentence Set To Being At Las Vegas’ Clark County Detention Center (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- The Justin Bieber-Mike Tyson Connection (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Hatton predicts Pacquiao victory (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- WDW Bloody Massacre 2012 Results (worlddominationwrestling.wordpress.com)
- Glover Teixeira Wants to Avoid Fighting Teammate Lyoto Machida (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Brooke Hogan Debuts, Kayfabe Confusion Belies Gut Check Potential (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Fan Given Role in The Marine: Homefront (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Kurt Angle Announces When He’ll Retire from Pro Wrestling (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Former WWE Diva Speaks out About Arrest (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)