Are nutrition and health related? Is healthy eating important? Of course.
Like a finely-tuned racing car, your body needs the right fuel (food) and regular maintenance (exercise, lifestyle and mental attitude) to achieve its true health potential. Nothing is more important than healthy eating. Put in the wrong fuel or let it go without regular use and there’s no way it can deliver its full power and performance. Without healthy eating, your body’s engine will cough, splutter and eventually stall.
The importance of good nutrition to achieve optimal health is unquestionable. The importance of good nutrition is central to maintain good health in a dilapidated environment, fight off disease, correct imbalances in the body and provide energy and enthusiasm for life. Optimum health is linked to the importance of good nutrition.
But, the point is that the importance of good nutrition is linked to one’s capability to get the proper nutrients from food.
Nowadays, industrial food marketed in the food chain are filled with additives which affect the quality of food. In order to value the importance of good nutrition, natural supplements like vitamins and minerals have to be added to the diet.
Each year, the average American eats 12 pounds of food additives and a gallon of pesticides, not to mention all the air-born pollutants that are inhaled. It’s no wonder our bodies are overworked, overburdened, and no longer able to adequately eliminate all these foreign substances. Diet-related diseases include, but are not limited to, coronary heart disease, hypertension, stroke, diabetes, various cancers and osteoporosis. These diseases take the lives of millions of people each year and cost billions of dollars in health care.
On Wednesday, Tianna Bechly, RD LD, Clinical Dietitian for Mayo Clinic Health System-Austin will be with us at 1 p.m. to discuss the New myPlate Diagram, Healthy Eating Tips, Healthy Snack Ideas, Easy Exercise Ideas, and then finish with a general Q&A session.
To sign up for this informative class please call or stop by the front desk at the senior center everyone is welcome. Call 433-2370 ext. 3.
Tuesday: Silver Sneakers, 8:30 a.m.; Exercise with Evie, 9 a.m.; cards (Pinochle, Duplicate Bridge), 12:30 p.m.; SilverSneakers, 4:30 p.m.; Zumba, 3 p.m.; Zumba Gold, 4 p.m.
Wednesday: Defensive Driving, 9 a.m.; Tai Chi, 9:30 a.m.; cards (Pinochle, Cribbage), 12:30 p.m.; Stitching Bees, 1 p.m.; open chess, 1 p.m.; Information on nutrition, 2 p.m.; Zumba, 5:30 p.m.; Zumba, 7 p.m.
Thursday: Silver Sneakers, 8:30 a.m.; Exercise with Evie, 9 a.m.; cards (Pinochle, Duplicate Bridge), 12:30 p.m.; Bingo, 1 p.m.; open chess, 1 p.m.; Silver Sneakers, 4:30 p.m.; Zumba, 3 p.m.; Zumba Gold, 4 p.m.; Yoga, 5:30 p.m.
Friday: Tai Chi, 9:30 a.m.; Cards (Bridge), 12:30 p.m.; Zumba, 5:30 p.m.; Zumba, 7 p.m.
Weekly Card Results
May 21, three tables
1st John Allen, 2nd Mary Johnsen, 3rd Bud Higgins, 4th Joanne Maxfield, 5th Betty Jorgenson
Tuesday Duplicate Bridge
Mildred Ballantyne, 1st David Solomonson, 2nd Jaynard Johnson
May 22, four tables
1st Eddie Hall, 2nd Jerry Downing, 3rd Helen Broitzman, 4th Dorothy Schloo
May 25, two tables
1st Betty Jorgenson, 2nd Mabel Vaale, 3rd Loretta Nelson, 4th Russ Vaale, 5th Jaynard Johnson
May 23, 3.5 tables
1st Jessie Swain, 2nd Hilton Henschen, 3rd Addie Cochlin, 4th John Allen
May 25, three tables
1st Beulah Luthe, 2nd Dennis Bray, 3rd Arnold Bergstrom
Semcac Daily Meals
Monday: Tater tot casserole
Tuesday: Chicken breast/sauce
Wednesday: Pork roast
Thursday: Beef tips in gravy noodles
Friday: Meat balls
- Eat, exercise, relax and sleep your way to good health (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. To Jail: Boxer’s Sentence Set To Being At Las Vegas’ Clark County Detention Center (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- The Justin Bieber-Mike Tyson Connection (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Hatton predicts Pacquiao victory (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- TUF Live Finale: Martin Kampmann vs. Johny Hendricks Head to Toe Breakdown (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Frank Mir’s TRT Exemption: Is There a Low Testosterone Epidemic in MMA? (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- TUF Live Finale: Recapping the Fight Night Bonuses (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- TUF Live Finale: The Real Winners and Losers from Ellenberger vs. Kampmann (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Daron Cruickshank Outpoints Chris Tickle (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- WDW Bloody Massacre 2012 Results (worlddominationwrestling.wordpress.com)
- Ultimate Fighter Finale Results: Grades for All Main Card Fighters (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)