“He should be banned, because he nearly ruined my life, he could have ruined my life, so I really think he should be banned, and that will send a message out to fighters across the world that they shouldn`t take any substances,” Khan said.
During an open training session ahead of his WBC title fight against Danny Garcia in Las Vegas on July 14th, Khan said that Peterson ‘put both fighters’ lives at risk when he took a banned substance before their world title fight last year.
“He put my life to risk, he put his own life to risk as well because taking punishment, he took a lot of punishment in that fight,” he said.
The American boxing star then admitted he had testosterone pellets implanted under his skin for the first fight.
“At the end of the day it`s a sport, it`s not a war or anything, it`s not a fight, well not a real fight, it`s a sport, you`ve got to stick to the rules and he didn`t. Because he didn`t stick to the rules I really believe he should be banned,” Khan outlined.
The British boxer was due for a rematch with Peterson eleven days ago, but the fight was cancelled after Peterson failed a drug test.
- The Justin Bieber-Mike Tyson Connection (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Hatton predicts Pacquiao victory (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Randy Orton’S Suspension and the Fans Left Behind (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Exercise Makes You Smarter, Thanks To A Common Gene (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Manny Pacquiao: Divide in gym ‘not a problem’ (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Dixie Carter excited with TNA Impact Wrestling live on Spike TV (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- THQ announces development of WWE’13 (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- Bobby Roode Sad To See Alex Shelley Leave TNA (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)
- TNA Impact Wrestling Announces “Next Evolution of Pro Wrestling” (wrestleraw.wordpress.com)